SMS are currently service three market sectors, both independently and as part of a managed package of works: Blasting and Coating, Scaffolding & Waterproofing.
The business philosophy is built around three pillars, Safety, Quality and Partnerships.
Safety – a key driver for SMS and at the heart of everything we do. From health surveillance for all our employees to safety conversations and toolbox talks. The whole company is working hard to maintain its ZERO status on RIDDORS and Lost Time Injuries Metrics.
Quality – right first time, every time delivers excellent. SMS’s Management systems deliver high performance that is repeatable. Couple this with our own industry qualified inspectors, ensures the company delivers to our clients specifications. Add in our own industry qualified trainer, ensures that every new member of the team will deliver in the same way.
Partnerships – building relationships with all our customers, so that we are in a position to offer them added value in everything we do.
In partnership with our clients, we provide packages of works allowing our clients to minimize the costs and inconvenience interfaces inevitably bring to project works.
With over forty years of experience in delivering these types of works in complex and challenging environments in road, rail and utilities.
- Dry blasting including grit, sponge, glass, chilled iron
- Wet low/high pressure including grit, sand
- High pressure and ultra high-pressure water jetting
- Mechanical cleaning including needle scaler, disc grinding/sanding, chipping, hammering
- Sponge-Jet blasting
- Wet slurry blasting
- Metal spray including aluminium and zinc
- Hydrocat hot-applied epoxy
- Epoxy primers and coatings
- Glass-reinforced plastic
- Slip layer compound
- Conventional primer and coatings
- Tank lining
- Cladding maintenance
- Wall covering
- Brush or spray applied multi-coloured wall finishes
- Anti-graffiti coating systems
- Micro-porous wood finishes
- Masonry paints
- Oil and water based decorating ceiling and wall finishes
- Bridge gantries
- Architectural items
Buildings, Structures, Stations
- Find us on buildersprofile.co.uk
Viaducts, Tunnels, Bridges, Gantries
- We retained our National Highways Sector Scheme 19A accreditation following the 2018 audit
- Find us in 19A category on
Pontoons, Ports, Boats
Bridges, Tunnels, Trackside, Structures, Stations
- Members of CIRAS (confidential reporting analysis system)
- We retained our 5 star rating following the 2018 RISQS audit
- Find us in Risqs.org
Gas, Power, Water, Oil
- We achieved 100% on all elements following our 2018 UVDB audit for
- Industrial Painting & Specialist Coating Services, Harbour & Marine Engineering Works and Bridge Maintenance
- Find us in UVDB